Wow! Finally after a few long, hard and tedious months you are at your desired weight. You are looking better than you have in a long time and all the compliments are starting to pour in and make you blush!! Now if only…
If only you could keep the weight you have lost permanently at bay. Yes you can, all it will take is a little more will power, a positive attitude and a commitment to adopting a much healthier lifestyle, this in itself will help you maintain your desired weight successfully.
A few tips to keep your desired weight at the same level
* don’t fall back into your old unhealthy eating patterns or habits – you have just spent a few months changing this trend while you were dieting
* remember to balance what you eat with how much you exercise – pretty important to remember this
* no skipping of meals – this plays havoc with your metabolism by slowing it down and you will be inclined to snack on the wrong foods and you could end up overeating at the next meal
* remember you will need to eat a variety of different foods – this will ensure you get all the nutrients you need
* do not weigh yourself daily – rather hop on the scale once a week, this will create an awareness of weight gain [if it happens] as trying to tell by how your clothing fits is not a true indication of loss or gain of weight
* keep a food journal – be honest and write down everything you have consumed during the course of the day, be it a apple or a sticky bun. This will indicate whether high calorie food has slowly crept into your diet without you realizing it
* keep a record of your exercise – jotting down the exercises you do daily will also help you spot if you are starting to slack off [this will cause you to gain weight, especially if you are still eating the same]
* change from a sedentary lifestyle to a active one – instead of parking on the couch and watching TV go kick the ball around with the kids or take them for a bike ride, there are so many things you can do with or without the kids that can keep you active
When choosing your menu for keeping your new weight, remember to include whole grains, fruits, low-fat dairy, veggies, and lean proteins. Don’t forget the all important water – drink up to 6 glasses a day.
As you can tell if you are committed to your new weight, controlling it is not a impossible task and if you ever feel it is not worth the effort to maintain this hard earned weight loss – do yourself a favor and stand in front of the mirror, this will remind you of just how good you look!